Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lennox & 27

Lennox Valor Jones
I will save the birth story for the very end, that way those of you who are only interested in pictures, can see your pictures and be spared the delivery details. But to summarize, this delivery was harder, longer, awesome.
That's what she said.
wink wink Ketsy.
Those boobs are so temporary.
Lennox is such an alert baby. He is always observing Gibson, anxious to one day be his partner in crime.
Here's Gibson @3months old. Lennox has a lot more hair, and darker features.
I can't believe how time has flown since this picture was taken. sigh.
Gpa & Gma Jones out to lunch with us @ QC Olive Mill
(Sheryl is a huge help as I adjust to the rough newborn sleep schedule)
And I turned 27 this year. Q surprised me with SYTYCD Season 7 live tour tickets! My cabin fever officially broke! My friend Heather got to be my date and Brooke treated me to dinner before the show. These girls are true friends, both of these ladies share the same misfortune in seeing me half naked hooked up to my breast pump. Not a pretty sight.
Heather is pensive during the contemporary pieces. She was such a fun date I hope she knows that. I've always thought that she should try out for the show. As should Lacy Chaffee, that's right I singled you out Lace, you Season 5 winner look-a-like & dance-a-like!
Phoenix was the very last stop of their tour so the dancers broke away from the outlined performance which was way fun and they did a lot more ad lib.
Favorite dance of the night, hands down the disco routine by choreographer Doriana Sanchez. The disco routines for the show are insane, I do believe you have to be superhuman to perform them, and if you are noticing the dancers here not wearing much, they in fact are not. Poor Billy Bell, he did not have the same shirtless effect as my Season 7 fave...
ROBERT! AHHH! SO HOT!
And now that we have come to the picture of the disco ball, we have just about come full circle with this post. So those of you who aren't birth story junkies, you may stop reading here (X)

Lennox was due to arrive the 17th. Since I don't dig the thought of a numb, chemical labor, I got a bit nervous as I sailed past the 17th with zero contractions. All the way up to Monday the 20th I worked, doing massage, Pilates, yoga, swimming. My friend Jen Lindsay gave me a massage about 11am that morning. Around 2pm I had my first round of contractions- finally!
Around 3pm they got a bit heavier and I decided my errands were over for the day, no more driving, and called Q to give the heads up.
Around 4 my sister Jazz came over to see if she could help with anything, so she mopped my floor. When Q got home we all played Sequence and other card games to kill some time.
Around 6:00 I started to pack my hospital bag.
We got in the car and headed to the hospital @ 7.
Quinton was nearly choked to death @ 7:10 when he chose to take one lane, under construction, 25mph side streets instead of the freeway.
I checked in @ 7:30pm
As I walked into my delivery room, my water broke.
About 8:30pm I finished taking a shower and my Dr. came in as I weathered some on & off back labor.
9:30 pm my fever broke and I could literally hear within the walls of my body, what sounded like my sacrum and hip bones splinter as my baby dropped into position.

Go-time!

Pushing began, I naturally got a few restful breaks, told Quinton to just ShutUp! even though he hadn't said anything and then @ 9:51 Lennox was out and in my arms.

10pm delivered my placenta, which oddly enough is my favorite part because it feels fantastic and I am already holding my baby. Although the placenta is an odd looking organ and most are disgusted by it, I am so grateful and amazed by it. I don't think it's fair that it gets hucked in the trash so soon, alas it is the only organ in the body that has a birth, a life, and a death. In addition to my tangent on placenta trivia, the placenta is made up of 50% of the mother's cells and 50% of the baby's cells. A basic understanding of organ donation will confirm that it's a miracle that the body doesn't reject the organ or the baby it's nourishing.
Well there's my seasonal post. And that's my birth story and I'm sticking to it.

15 comments:

Aimee said...

I love the pictures!!!
Ok, I read the birth story, too.
Lennox is a total doll! Can't wait to meet him in a week!
Thanks for the post we've been waiting.

BTW... my kids are slowling getting used to Lennox as a new cousin. We we packing goodie bags for the birthday party and they got to Lennox's
"Who's Lennox"
"Oh ya, he's the new baby"

And for the record, it's just a goodie bag, we don't actually think he's going to jump. But, we didn't want to leave him out.

Unknown said...

To start off my little comment:
I was the only one to guess Lennox's name and then sworn to secrecy by a very uneasy Kara. Lennox literally took my breath away, because I was expecting a boy with barely and blond hair and maybe blue eyes. Instead I got a wonderful, dark-haired, dark-eyed little guy for a nephew!!
He and Gibson, though somewhat similar in looks, are complete opposites. Gibson laid on his back, cried and pooped 24/7. Lennox wiggles and giggles and when he was a couple of weeks old, he could lift his head, only to throw it somewhere.(This is why I call him my bobblehead.)
To Quinton:
Thank you for getting Kara tickets to the very thing she would love to brag about to me, Celine, and Anais. So I thank you.
To both proud parents:
COngrats on the little bundle of joy and the money you will save from not paying for babysitting service to your wonderful little sisters.(Celine and I the proud aunts) Anyway, I love you guys, and thank you for the little guy we can all love and teach.

Kara Jones said...

How do we have the same parents Danna? And you are monetarily compensated for babysitting,sometimes, even though you forget the circle of life-I changed your poopy diapers, it won't kill ya to change my kids' every once in awhile. THey will do it for your kids so there!

Unknown said...

Every once in a WHILE? Good one!!! That's really funny!

LaNell said...

It's about time we got a little Lennox update! He is a sweetheart. Thanks for the birth story. It should have been first so I didn't have to read the dance story! Glad you had a fun bday. Q is so creative.

Ketsy said...

So happy to hear the story- can't wait to meet him! And happy belated birthday. What a blast.

Jordyn Perkins said...

Happy baby Happy birthday! Awesome! I never tire of your writing style, especially when it comes to something to do with anatomy. ;) Your birth stories top. Lennox, what a little doll. Gibson... gotta love those curls! Q is a very good gift giver, wow, he could make a career giving advice to other men on how to give gifts (Craig's pretty good, but still...) ;) And I love the pictures. Too darling.

I can't wait for his 1 year old post! HAhahaha, ok, maybe you'll do a 6-monther..... Beautiful job friend.

Morgan Lauren & Emery said...

loved your story kara! Lennox is one handsome little man! he looks like a really happy baby :) Paige looks a lot like Emery did except a darker version too! Weird... can't wait for our massage! talk to you then!

Morgan Lauren & Emery said...

oh and happy late birthday!!! so jealous of your date!!

Anne said...

So glad you finally posted, your posts are always a crack up and it was fun to read the birth story even if I'd heard it before. Lennox is so cute that I have a hard time not calling him delicious or some other slightly inappropriate adjective, but really, I mean it! Love you!

Koren said...

Your boys are adorable! Keep posting I like stalking my family.

Heather said...

Tra-la-la. I love you deary. Tonight we went out for a ladies night (again) & I so enjoyed our date. We do need to keep these up. :) I loved sharing that "pensive" SYTYCD moment with you - so thanks for capturing it. A memory for the ages.

Also... if I could be guaranteed my baby would be born in less than 3 hours of hard labor I might stick it out too. Only if (& that's the hugest IF in earthly history) you'd promise to be my doula & bring your snazzy oils.

Love you... you make beautiful babies. :) Good job Jones.

Miss Kendra said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing your awesome birth story. I AM A BIRTH STORY JUNKIE. Beautiful pictures too. What you said about the placenta was almost a direct quote from my friend Emily. In fact I think it was word for word. Pretty amazing! The placenta I mean. I marvel at our bodies all the time, so I love a good miracle of birth story to remind me just how awesome God made us. Women in particular ;) I know..it takes two.

Lacey T said...

Hey! It's been quite a long time, but I found your blog. Congrats on your baby. What a cutie!

The Oborn Family said...

I miss out on all sorts of things when I don't check blogs. CONGRATS on the little man - he is adorable! Can't wait to see more pics! Loved the birth story - you are one TOUGH chick. seriously.