Sunday, September 12, 2010

While You Were Baking...



This has been a pretty cozy pregnancy. Zero complaints. I just want to journal some happenings while this little boy has been baking in my belly.


Dear baby,
You were in tow while our fam made 2 big trips to the snow; Showlow,AZ, Salt Lake and Midway, UT... however mom lost the camera with said photos while snowboarding down the Heavenly run @ Snowbird in Utah. :-(
Fortunately we salvaged this one of Gibson who L-O-V-E loves the snow. You had me craving high caloric food like the INFERNO Burger at the Snowbird Lodge. According to me, snowboarding and spa are a marriage you don't ever try to separate, I always save enough money for both, or it's nothing at all. Being pregnant with you added to my need for pampering, thanks dude.

I got my hours in for antigravityyoga. I stopped the major inversions about 2 weeks ago. You let me train much longer than I thought I'd be able to.

I relished my snuggles with Gibson. He won't be the baby for much longer...
We went to San Antonio for Easter and cousin Maile's birthday. Fondue night was most excellent.

Gas Works park in Seattle where we took some family pictures. Dori Shick is such a pro.

Ferry ride to Orcas Island

Our place with Grandma&Grandpa Jones right on the water.

Jones Island.
P.S. I was just being polite Mike, no freakin' way am I camping here.


Speaks for itself.

In an attempt to offset all the pie eating I did @ Passion for Pies we walked a bit but too many photo opps make it hard to reach a target heart rate.

Roche Harbor. Yes he needed to be leashed, and yes he hated it. This is probably the one tranquil moment he had with that monkey on his back.

Exploring and climbing with Rune at Lincoln Park.

The salmon feast @ Tillicum Island. Butterflied salmon over an alder wood fire= good eating.

Still a messy eater...

Swimming lessons with Teacher Sarah. She sure got Gibson and I in swimming shape!
We survived off of cold cereal this summer. If I could choose one standout food I craved with Gibson, I'd have to say pumpkin this & pumpkin that. With you, there was the hamburger phase, the rhubarb pie phase, and overall I drank more raw milk than water this pregnancy.
yes I did all my own eating and napping for this post...
He's getting so big?!
It's been a cuddly, calm wait for you. We've been so blessed with lots of R&R and can't wait to meet you little one! It's funny to hear Gibson spell your name randomly throughout the day. Come on now & get here when you get here!
Love, your family!

12 comments:

Aimee said...

we are patiently waiting with you guys! love ya

Meghan White said...

Horray you have put up pictures, that gets me excited every 8 months!! Can't wait to see this new baby either!! Good luck with everything.

Kara Jones said...

5 months Meghan, it's only been 5! ;-)

Hiatt Family said...

Love the update! It's really fun getting to know Gibson in nursery...even though you & I have hardly been able to talk. :) And by the way, those yoga pics of you are awesome!!!

Chitney said...

First of all! I'm excited for your baby! Secondly Gibson is cute! Thirdly, when the heck were you in Utah and thanks for visiting us! Your gay! love you!

Jazz and Rod said...

I have more pics of Gibs in the snow from Pinetop! Remind me to give them to you!!!
Don't tell too many ppl about the raw milk...don't want another YouTube outrage on your hands! :~)
And hopefully we won't have to try and trick Gibson into spelling baby's name for too much longer! He's such a tightlip!!!

Anne said...

Oh man I was freaking out that Q was posting a new pic of the baby and I hadn't heard from you! I love the pictures! :) Let me know if Baby needs pie or anything else!

Ketsy said...

Happy to see the update, but really anxious to see Baby!

Anais and Chad said...

I cannot believe you leashed my nephew!!!!

Miss Kendra said...

Cushy indeed! And mommy looked amazing the entire time! She's one amazing gal and you are part of one amazing fam.

Jordyn Perkins said...

Wow, that is one awesome summer! Love your hair in the yoga pic too, whew! Hot. What a loverly post. With amazing pics!

Katie m. Berggren art & design said...

Hi Kara! You are the Free Cards Winner for last week on my blog http://www.paintingmotherhood.blogspot.com - send me a note with your address and I'll get some cards into the mail for you!
Sincerely, Katie m. Berggren
katie@kmberggren.com