Thursday, July 9, 2009

Key West is for Straight CouplesToo

All the making out on this trip was made possible by the following sponsors (aka babysitters of Gibson):
Grandma and Grandpa Jones
Grandma and Grandpa Durney
Aunts Celine, Danna, Kendee
and Grandma Kempton



The Reach Resort Pier



First Stop Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta w/Rod & Jazz



It's tradition for us to get a shake and take home the pilsner glass



Fortunately Key West could accomodate our tradition as well



Perfect Pedi, Pier, and Playa



What a change of pace... "how many life sized games of chess can we play this afternoon?"



Our favorite private beach to crash, complete with popsicles and frozen towels



(not pictured) Barracudas, Eagle Ray, Turtle, Lobster, Parrot Fish, Tuna and Stingless Jelly Fish
to name a few of the finds on our snorkel trip



Annie and Kara secretly fighting their nausea on the way back from the Reef.




We reached the soft under-belly of the South!


Jazz & Rod-Big thank u for putting us up & for bringing me my favorite snack before we headed back to Phoenix ;-)
Jason & Annie- We got super close this trip...
From the hellish backseat driving, swine flu symptoms, Crabby Dicks, Scattergories & Settler's, crappy pull-out sofa, key lime pie(s), ghetto movie theatre with the broken record previews, 50% off breakfast, lunch & dinner, that odd couple where the guy had a big gut and his girlfriend with the shiny new boobs, the intoxicated man whom I kept yelling at to stop smoking around you Annie, and Jason's 25 cent hot dog adventure and Annie holding us hostage that one morning when her first trimester craving was not being met j/k...we look forward to the next Johns/Jones vacay complete with kids and massages again, of course.

18 comments:

Jacquee said...

I don't think words can express my jealousy. What about a Jones/Wenger vacay? I'm anxious to be able to travel again and come see you guys!

Anais and Chad said...

Hey! My name should have been listed under the sponsors as well.

LafeNLacy said...

That looks ridiculously fun! And -- dang -- you are one hot chick!!!

C-E-L-I-N-E said...

Wow, Anais, don't even go there please...

Jazz and Rod said...

Ok seriously, the last picture you will ever see on my blog is me sittin' skinny and pretty on Rod's lap in a freakin bikini. Not until I learn to use Photoshop ofcourse :~) Thanks for taking me to my first Hard Rock! I'm glad you guys made up after the Settler's squabble...a lot of ppl don't come back from that sorta thing. Oh and I want that chess set for my birthday. Make it hap'n Cap'n. (just figured since I drove 45 mins to take you a bag of choc. chips ya know?)

Kara Jones said...

I am still stunned at the gesture, I probably would not have driven to the airport to drop you off a Sonic Vanilla DP...cause I love you sis.

Anne said...

Looks like an awesome trip! Love the title of the post best of all. :)

Unknown said...

Please save the make-out scenes for people over the age of 20 so us young ones don't barf!It's just weird.Well,Gibson LOVED staying with us,though he was a REAL baby at times,thanks for having over for a week.I would like to go snorkeling sometime.

Jordyn Perkins said...

Ok, Dana's comment cracked me up! Well, all your sister's honestly. HAhaha! Love-it!

Wow, first pic, so Kara. Shocking, confident, fearless, brass bod Kara. Hats off to you. Craig saw and was like, "You know what I would give if you would wear a bikini in public!?" I knew he was thinking 'wow' too and I almost had to hit him..) Haha! Q is a lucky man, for more reasons than that, but a lucky lucky man all the same. D-A-N-G. Nuf said.

Your vacay looks amazing, love the summation at the end, and everything in between. Great title too. I look forward to your next semi-annual post. ;)

Ketsy said...

How fun! I am so glad you guys got to go even though I am green with jealousy.

Kendee said...

So jealous.

Shawn and Tasha said...

Wow, what an awesome trip! They had the same chess set in Miami where we stayed, but I didn't see any ridiculously HOT women making out on their husbands lap anywhere near by though.:) Dang girl, do we hear baby #2 any time soon?:) hahaha

p.s. your sisters comments are seriously cracking me up!

Erin Nicole said...

OH my goodness! How fun! And you looked great in that biking picture by the way!

Auburn said...

Too funny. I just discovered you had a blog like a week ago! Thanks for the cookies last night. You SOOOO didn't have to do that. Come over and swim ANYTIME!!

Heather said...

You suck! And look at you in your rockin bikini! Way to go!

I'm not going to even ask what Crabby Dicks are.

Glad you had a fun trip. Next time we'll just have to insert the Hinze's instead of the other couple. Ha ha... :)

Drew, Emms, Mcky, and Hara said...

WOW Kara HOT STUFF!! Lookin great, well you always have actually. SO how the heck are ya? Last thing I knew, you said you were coming to Utah for snowboarding, then you didnt. What happen? I miss you!

Justin and Lindsay said...

Hey Quinton and Kara! It's Lindsay (Adams) Bingham. I saw your comment on Tamara's blog. I exercise with some of my neighbors in the mornings and a couple months ago Quinton came up between Tamara and Kim Rodela (I don't know her maiden name) and I'm like hey I know him! Small world. Anyway...just wanted to say hi and tell you your little boy is adorable!

Jessica Gillespie said...

How cool is that!!! So jealous! Are you guys back in AZ? Let's get our little boys together!