Sunday, November 9, 2008

Shabby Apple Contest

I am a loyal customer to the online shop, SHABBY APPLE.
The contest is to design a vignette and the winner is donned the very outfit they put together... little did they know they were opening a forum for women to purge their dreams and hopes. If anything, all the contestants should appreciate the free facilitated therapy session. Thanks Shabby Apple.

May I introduce the first of 3 vignettes I put together all inspired by my love of THE BIG APPLE- New York City

"Taxi! Lincoln Center, Please"





The story behind this noble looking ensemble all started with an 18 month relationship with a former boyfriend, that was terminated via email. Yes, you read it right. I was dumped via-e-mail!
So those of you who've ever been dumped via- text message, via- "post-it" note, and for you "Office" fans out there (when Michael broke up with Jan via-voicemail)...you know what I'm talking about. What the crap!
I moved to NY shortly thereafter to do a Pilates apprenticeship and lived there 4 months. I didn't turn to Rx drugs, junk food, heavy partying and alcohol, or romantic comedies. (not that romantic comedies aren't a good launch point for recooperating yourself esteem after a lousy break-up.) I turned to fine clothing, shoes, & accessories-things that enhanced and empowered me.
Had Shabby Apple been an option then, this is EXACTLY what I would've bought. This vignette describes my search in getting little pieces of my soul back. You put on a dress like this and you KNOW you're worth an in-person break-up.

To get everyone current, I am happily married to Q, and my 10 month-old, Gibson, what a gift from God.
I'll forever be proud of myself for choosing to remember my spirit, my Creator, my worth.








"Times Square Countdown!"





"Central Park Promenade"






I have my own motto when it comes to shopping:
Get the dress, then make plans.

If you look @ my former post, I have several pieces from Shabby Apple that appear in my New York trip.
I got the dresses first, then I booked my flight.

Ladies,
If you have a dream vacay planned, a high school reunion up & coming, or you're sick of your sweats...(a.k.a kid-friendly clothes for you moms out there) then you're out of excuses to not treat yourself already!
So, I urge you to ditch my blog, stimulate the starving economy and do some one-stop shopping @ shabbyapple.com. Everything pictured, every piece of the 3 vignettes is from their online wardrobe. No need to burn gas going to the mall...go green and familiarize yourself with their awesome selection.
I recommend stopping @ the Fit to Flatter section first.

Fashionably yours,

Mrs. Jones

13 comments:

LafeNLacy said...

Love the blog updates, love the pictures, love these clothes! Hooray! This is the kind of blogging I'd expect from you two. I've been in serious Jones withdrawal. I miss you tons. And Gibson is so incredibly handsome!! Can we please get together more than once over Christmas break?

Anne said...

I love the outfits and the explanations! I think the first would look especially hot on you girl.

We all know I'm a big fan of retail therapy. Don't tell Ben, though I'm sure he knows. :)

Jordyn Perkins said...

Dang, yes, this is Kara evolved into Mrs. Jones for sure. It's like you've been raised in NYC. You are a woman of many talents! I must say I believe you started with hats and boots back in the day. Am I remembering right?

When MY economy goes up, I will look up that website for sure. ;)

Jordyn Perkins said...

btw, describing Daisy as a live pinball machine... hilariously clever, sadly true. HAha!

Emily said...

hello, kara! quick question. it looked to me like the story about the awful break-up (so sorry about that, by the way, but looks like you came out the winner in that scenario!) went with the first vignette you posted, and not with "times square countdown," but, if it is tied to the "times square countdown" vignette i am happy to add it to the shabby apple blog. thanks!

Kara Jones said...

not sure if you're gonna check back here @ my post, but yes. Go ahead and post it. i also left you a note @ the Shabby APple blog.

Shawn and Tasha said...

You have my vote babe!:) I Love their stuff...some day I'll be able to afford it. Hope you win!!!

Taya said...

You have such great taste and Gibson is as cute as ever and getting so big. Hope you all are doing well.

LafeNLacy said...

Congrats, girl. You totally deserve it!

Shawn and Tasha said...

BOOYAH! Way to go Mrs. Jones!:)

Kate Fredrickson said...

Thanks Mrs.Jones for the comment. I was really hoping to win and kinda thought that the whole look would push me over the edge. Oh well! Hope you are enjoying your winnings! Thanks for the comment.

The Oborn Family said...

FIrst of all. I right now wish I lived in AZ so I could have you dress me. Not literally, but at least pick out my clothes for me. Oh - and so I could go to your yoga class. I am so glad you made a comment on my blog! My mom told me she ran into you months ago and I was waiting to get linked up so I could see pics of your family! Tell your hubby HI - He was always one of my favorite friends! And you little boy is ADORABLE!

Jordyn Perkins said...

UM, we need an update here!!! AND a picture of you in your winning ensomble!? (On-som-ble... yeah, you know what I mean!) :)